Monday, October 1, 2012

Is he treting me unfairly

Is he treting me unfairly?
Been engaged for 2 years to a man who has serious financial obligations to his ex and children. I like his kids but feel as though I can no longer pay half of our household bills, he makes about 4 times what I do. I'm a full time student and I work but it is not enough money. I'm tired of being left alone untill 10 every night. For the last year I took care of his elderly father who recently went into a nursing home- because I'm no longer doing this he says he can no longer subsidize my cell phone and 40 buck a week health insurance. I know his kids come first but should he cut me a break on the cell phone and insurance untill I finish school in 2 years? I feel as though 100 percent of my income is going to our house. I have a child who lives with us that I support entirely but with my income I cant subsidize his kids to. He pays there rent, tuition, books, utilities on apartment, and the ex 2200 a month- altogether he pays out about 65,000 a year which leaves us with little and my child really poor. Should I move into a cheap affordable appartment and go solo? Before you bash me and say we are not married keep in mind I pay half the house expenses on a house that I dont own and never will also I spent the last year taking care of an 86 year old man with alzheimers his father and it was not easy. I'm really glad his kids have no struggles financially but mine does.
Marriage & Divorce - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You are a doormat. Move on.
2 :
Well that's weird that he has to pay so much money, i mean.. is ok to have to pay child support and alimony which is required if they were married for a long time.. talk to him and let him know he has other responsibilities but if thats the money he is required to pay .. deal with it, when you get with a men with kids you need to be strong enough to deal with all the problems that come with it.. and if you dont want to go through this.. then leave him.
3 :
is your child his? if not he still has his own obligation sorry that doesnt leave much to u
4 :
you really did get the short end of the stick on this one . . . sorry but he's not thinking clearly or fairly


Read more discussion :