Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Does you baby get overstimulated easily

Does you baby get overstimulated easily?
I have two girls and am wondering if it's a girl thing, just from i have seen personally. It could be a coincidence. When my two year old was a baby she was very independent and usually wanted to fall asleep solo and could only handle a little bit of hands on before getting irritable. One day we were at a family get together and she was passed from person to person, by the time we got home and i nursed her at home, she was trying to nurse without touching me. That was the most extreme. Now my two month old daughter is the same way. she wants to be solo to fall asleep and is happier being by herself, loves being talked to but gets easily frustrated with hands on and being held. She cries to get put down quite often. She is also currently nursing. Just wondering though if it's a girl thing or if anyone else has this experience? Most of the boy babies i know want constant attention, but is that a coincidence? Lol, it's strange that i have 2 kids that are the same way. My oldest is 2 now and it was probaly when she was about a year old when she wanted more cuddling. She was always social, just didn't like being held very often.
Newborn & Baby - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It is possible that they are sore from all the handling and passing around and just don't want to be held anymore.
2 :
Um, my daughter is 1 and she was a very demanding baby that ALWAYS wanted to be held till recently. So IDK.
3 :
I don't think it has anything to do with gender. My daughter is almost 9 months old and is the most social baby I have ever seen! She loves people and is VERY secure in pretty much any environment.
4 :
My moms says I was like that when I was a baby but I thought I was the only one. Good to know there is other people like that in this world!
5 :
My boy is the same way. He likes for us to play and chit chat for a bit whilst he's awake, but if I get too goofy he is like 'ok mom, enough, put me down' lol. He doesn't mind being held, but if i am overly playful he gets agitated. I tell my husband he reminds me of Stewie from Family Guy... These little babys have such BIG personalities :-)
6 :
I have 2 girls and 1 boy. All my children had this issue. They all want alot of attention but when they are done they want it dark and quit.




  Read more discussion :