Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Do I really need a dam

Do I really need a dam?
I'm in my 40s. My man wanted to marry me and provide for me so I can take care of HIM. He hates me now cause I flipped the script (changed my mind about him). I'm not a doormat. I've experienced all types of losers and I want to be married for the rest of my life, but, why can't I be with someone who I know really loves and cares about ME? Not another loser who needs a nurse. I'm at rock bottom, raised my kids solo to adulthood and I know I can still reach a couple goals for myself as long as I have health and determination. Love or no love, do I really need a dam (him) blocking the flow of my river? Won't it happen for us anyway if it's meant to be for us?
Marriage & Divorce - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Well if you don't want to take care of him, don't marry him. Why is this so difficult?
2 :
you know the answer.
3 :
Only if it's meant to be it will happen, otherwise whatever happens will happen.
4 :
Your question indicates that you have followed similar paths before, and not liked the results you had found. What you are proposing with this man is a marriage of convenience. This might be all fine and good if you wish to live loveless and under his thumbs, so to speak. The law doesn't necessarily provide for such arrangements, and if he decides to stop "providing" for you, what then? Your best bet is to either stay single, or to attempt a real relationship with a man who loves you for you. Personally, I think that you may need some professional help if you have been selling yourself short in this way as your description suggests. You have been choosing desperate men who will resent you on many levels... why?
5 :
IDK; are you a beaver?? LOL. If he is making you into a doormat then hell no, it's time to dump his sorry ass. But if he is only trying to achieve his own goals and needs your help until he does then you married him and you should at least give him that chance. Know what I mean?
6 :
"why can't I be with someone who I know really loves and cares about ME?" Because those aren't the types of men YOU choose to be with.
7 :
You sound to me like someone who is a bit to picky.It is okay that you still have goals you want to reach and keep your river open(so to speak).Let me just throw this at you though,time is like a demon that creeps up and takes a womans looks before they realize it,so don't keep your river flowing to long or you may just be up it without a paddle(so to speak).



Read more discussion :