Saturday, April 7, 2012

What should I sing for Oldies

What should I sing for Oldies?
A select choir that I'm in does a thing every year called Oldies, where we go to nursing homes and sing. Each of us (there's 16 of us) sings a solo from between 1920-1970. I'm a mezzo-soprano belter. Here's a video of my voice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbN6rrNpPfQ I have absolutely no idea where to begin, there's SO much music. Help!
Singing - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
sing im on a boat or i just had sex, ro the way u love me by hilson
2 :
A few suggestions that those oldies would be familiar with would be most ABBA songs. I'd suggest for your voice, something like Fernando, Girl with the Golden Hair or maybe Chiquitita. You could also try Bridge over troubled water by Simon and Garfunkel or maybe Aretha Franklin's Respect or Dionne Warwick's Say a little Prayer.




Read more discussion :