Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Why do I feel like a failure...why am I being hard on myself

Why do I feel like a failure...why am I being hard on myself?
Today was one of the worst days I've had in a long time. I missed my flight to S. America in the morning. I've been playing this trip out for 6 months. I just graduated from nursing school and thought I'd give myself a travel gift for 6 years of hard work, sacrifice, and plain not having a life due to studying so much. I paid $3400 total including flight. I've never traveled before let alone been on an airplane. I planned this trip out for myself...a solo trip w/ a tour group. Couple of friends bailed out but that wasn't going to stop me from going. Well, since I wasn't too familiar w/ the rules I showed up 1 hr 40 min early and was turned away b/c I had to be 3 hrs early. My older brother wasn't too supportive...they said it is common sense...then how come they didn't tell me as they dropped me off the airport. It's easy to point the finger, but why didn't they speak up. I was ignorant of the rules. I don't know what happened but I started to be really hard on myself, was crying a lot throughout the day, and felt like a failure. Tried to find another flight but unsuccessful...there is one in a few days but I don't have the money to pay the difference in ticket...I honestly put my last dime on this trip so I had just the right amount. My parents are financially in a bind...they heard me sobbing over the phone but they could not help. Then I just started to pity myself...I hated myself for doing this today. I'm a beautiful inside/out as many people say but I'm alone b/c guys choose sluts over me....I'm "travel-less", and poor until I start work w/in the next month. Can't get a refund for my tour. Why was I so hard on myself? It's unlike me.
Psychology - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
That sucks! You're clearly being so hard on yourself because this trip meant so much to you. I know you're feeling bad now, but it only just happened to you and you'll feel better later. Ignore your brother, don't take him so seriously. It is your fault, but don't beat yourself up about it, it's happened, and it's not the worst thing in world. You'll feel better tomorrow. Good luck
2 :
Hey, I would've done the same. Three hours seem excessive. Don't be pessimistic, maybe it happened for a reason? There's a lot of gang war happening down there anyways, wouldn't want to get caught up in that. Congrats on your degree though! (: Cheer up
3 :
i can understand where you are coming from but you are being a little too hard on yourself. and pls, you're not a failure. you just graduated from nursing, give yourself a pat in the back :) you'll earn that money in no time as a nurse


Read more discussion :