Saturday, August 7, 2010

Cornell, princeton college help!

Cornell, princeton college help!?
Hey guys my GPA is 3.95 unweighted and my sats are 2100 do I have a chance at cornell or princeton? My extra is Fresh-International club, marching band, taekwondo(2nd degree), and eco club soph- international club, marching band, eco club, and sax choir. I also performed a solo for my concet band during all state concert band. junior- International club- treasure, NHS- secretary, eco club, vica, interact club, and volunteer at library, hospital, and nursing home. Also did track Senior year- inernational club- treasure, NHS- vice president, eco club, vica-treasure, interact club, and volunteer at library, hospital, and nursing home. Also did track Do I have a good chance at cornell? What other colleges do I have a good chance for? What can I do for my application to pop out into the eyes of those that read it and will want to accept me? Like what other activities?
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You definitely have a chance - just don't put all your hopes into one or two schools. Those 2 only admit about 7% of the applicants. Go to collegeboard.com or princetonreview.co, and find a few other places that are already accepting students with your qualifications. In addition to Princeton and Cornell, apply to at least three of the 'likely to admit' and make sure one of them is in your state system [finances have a funny way of sabotaging plans]. That way you have some choices when those skinny and fat envelopes start arriving. Also do not fail to consider small liberal arts colleges - they are your ticket into outstanding 'name school' grad programs.
2 :
you have an average chance at cornell and a below average chance at princeton. everything you do is boring and average. that SAT is also weak; retake and try to get it to 2200+. i'm going to say with a 2200, cornell would be in reach but princeton is not. i hope your rank is high. as for other schools, try univ of virginia, unc chapel hill, emory, berkeley, and one or 2 safeties.




Read more discussion :