Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What OB/GYN should I choose

What OB/GYN should I choose?
I am 6weeks 4day pregnant and having difficulty picking a Doctor. Both Places I have heard good things about. My first option is a independent solo doctor who has a very busy practice. The thing I am worried about is that he will be on vacation in July when I am due and the Doctor who will be on call I will not know him at all and that makes me very uncomfortable. The other option is a Clinic that have 5 delivering doctors and I have heard good things about all of them. The only thing I am worried about here is that the nurse told me they do not do an ultrasound until 20 weeks and do not measure Hcg levels unless they belive something is wrong because it is expensive. Shouldn't they always monitor HCG levels? I don't know if I feel comfortable waiting until 20 weeks, Are most doctors understanding and will listen to my concerns and do any early one? I live in a smaller town so the doctors don't really do consultaions. I am so confused! Any advice is helpful! I guess I am just afraid of making a wrong choice. I am thinking I would rather go to the clinic but I am worried about not having an ultrasound until 20 weeks. I just want to know everything is okay. Maybe they will be understanding and do any earlier one. That would really ease my mind to know that everything is okay. I just hate talking to receptionist and nurses! It's always a different story!
Women's Health - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I wouldn't choose either place. I would go somewhere where my concerns were their concerns. It sounds like you are a first time mom, so you're going to need a doctor that understands this. The independent doctor is too busy for you. Especially if he is going to be on vaca when you are going to deliver, I wouldn't choose him. He needs to be there all the way, for your comfort sake. The clinic sounds awful. The nurse that you spoke with doesn't care about you due to what she told you about scans being too expensive. It shouldn't matter how expensive something is, as long as you and your baby are healthy and on schedule. This cutting costs trick wouldn't work in my book. I would definitely look elsewhere. Good luck!!]



Read more discussion :