Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Advice for a part-time model

Advice for a part-time model?
Hi, I'm 19, a sophomore art/photography major in college, and putting myself through school with loans and some modeling gigs on the side. I've surprised myself with how mI've managed to act/comport myself so professionally at such a young age and its really boosted my confidence. But I am currently scheduled to do my first nude shoot. It is with a local artistic photographer whose work I know well enough that I DO trust that the shoot will be artistic/tasteful, that the images wont be sold except in his art gallery, etc etc. But I'm still scared out of my wits. I know posing for artistic nudes comes with the job description, and I know need to grow up and get used to being a model--which isn't always nothing but glamerous/fun shoots (just as a nurse can't choose not to change bedpans, models have to, well, model haha). But that doesn't make me any less freaked out. No guys have ever really seen me naked. Heck I've gotten freaked out just with having to change and be fitted for dresses in big ol busy rooms for fashion shoots etc.....so posing solo in the buff has me scared crapless. I know it isn't professional to back out on a gig last minute, and I know that gigs like this come with the territory, and I know I can trust this photographer.....so it isn't any of that. I just am scared. And want advice and perspective.
Singles & Dating - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Singles and Dating?
2 :
Its normal to be nervous. My opinion is you have to realize what you will think about it years down the road. If you want a family, what your kids may think and even your family and parents think now. Being in college arises a choice, I know a few models who are teachers and had to cancel their shoots because of their job. Something to think about. Your body will be out there and you have to realize this day and age with internet any job you go to get will probably have access to it.
3 :
If you seriously want advice and perspective, then you should have posted this in arts and humanties section, not trolling around for attention in the singles and dating thing. Ps. From someone who worked in that field, I would make sure you get the above in writing in the form of a contract. You should already know that by now, if you are a legitimate model...
4 :
I would suggest bringing a friend so that you are not alone with the guy. Even if you do trust him, you just never know and having someone along with you even if you feel its not needed will still boost your confidence.


 Read more discussion :