Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What song is good for me to sing for a solo

What song is good for me to sing for a solo?
My range goes from G3 to A 5 I think I'm mezzo soprano. I really like musicals-broadway songs. But I'm singing at a nursing home for the first time, but I don't that is right. So please help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3czz4UhQnA
Singing - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
a person that sing that you idk i am not sure
2 :
I have sung at many nursing homes and the people always seem to enjoy show tunes, especially classic ones. Here are a few ideas: "Cockeyed Optimist" - Showboat "I'm Gonna Wash that Man Right Outta my Hair" - Showboat "Think of Me" - Phantom of the Opera (you may have to transpose it down since it goes a bit above your range "I Could Have Danced All Night" - My Fair Lady "Hello, Young Lovers" - The King and I "Simple Joys of Maidenhood" - Camelot "Til There Was You" - The Music Man "The Sound of Music" - "The Sound of Music" Hope that list gets you started :)
3 :
"Black Velvet" by Lita Ford...
4 :
take as much advantage as you can...the more you take the better ...dont wack out now..or you might not get a second chance.
5 :
I think that song is appropriate for a nursing home, if that is the song you're singing. Tip: Use your diaphragm more. I don't know if it's your camera or mic, but you sound like you're straining to stay in chest voice on some of the top notes. Either that, or go into middle/head voice. You have a great vibrato. Are you singing backup? I notice you're not singing the entire song. If you are, darken your vowels. By that, I mean rather than get all smiley when you sing your vowels, elongate your mouth into an "O" or an oval shape, leaving your jaw loose rather than tightening it up or widening the corners of your mouth. It makes it sound more.. choral. That's what you're looking for if you're singing backup. If you're not, you can sound your vowels in your own style, but you have a habit of sliding your notes when they go from low to high. DON'T slide. Please. It makes good singers sound like moaning or wailing banshees. You know how stereotypical ghosts sound? That's the sound you'll produce if you slide. Unless you're Def Leppard. Since you're not, go straight from the high note to the low note without sliding it (if you know what I mean by sliding), and vice versa. Also be sure to enunciate your consonants better. You really have a great voice otherwise, though, and ya gotta start somewhere, huh? ;] PS: sing Hallelujah. It really does showcase voice.



  Read more discussion :